Request Product Information:
CADS Piled Wall Suite
CADS Piled Wall Suite consists of a series of dynamically linked software modules for the analysis and design of embedded walls in concrete or steel. CADS Piled Wall Suite has been designed to cater for the needs of many different types of user.
The program is a practical design tool for engineers, allowing them to explore the effects of changing construction stages with ease. Including concrete contiguous bored piles, diaphragm walls, cofferdams, tied walls and king pile walls, the program is truly comprehensive. The software draws upon extensive industry experience with some of the UK’s largest civil engineering contractors. CADS Piled Wall Suite has been calibrated against some 90 published examples to validate its output. CADS Piled Wall Suite has been written for ease of use, whilst offering the advanced and knowledgeable user full access to the underlying analysis options.
- Includes analysis and design for sheet piles, king piles, contiguous and secant bored piles and diaphragm walls
- Analysis options: BSC Handbook, CIRIA104 (Burland & Potts), CP2 approach, BS8002 and Eurocode EC7 UK National Annex (design approaches 1.1. and 1.2)
- Option for soil pressures in accordance with Ciria C517 (modified Rankine profiles) and EC7 or BS8002
- Cofferdam design and detailing option
- Slip circle module with automatic slip data creation (optional)
- Tied wall design module with design of ties and anchorages
- Low propped wall analysis in accordance with Ciria C580 or Arcelor Piling Handbook
- Option to factor passive resistances in walls cantilevering below the bottom frame
- Construction stages/props easily defined to model the typical construction process
- Comprehensive soils library and soil generator
- Results can be output directly to a printer or linked to AutoCAD via DXF output
Methods Of Analysis
- Ciria R104 (Burland and Potts) Permanent Works
- Ciria R104 (Burland and Potts) Temporary Works
- CP2 Code of practice for earth retaining structures
- BSC Piling Handbook (Sixth Edition)
- CIRIA C580 Ultimate Limit State
- BS8002 ULS Moderately Conservative Parameters
- BS8002 ULS Critical State Parameters
- Eurocode 7 ULS Design Approach 1 Combination 1
- Eurocode 7 ULS Design Approach 1 Combination 2
Modelling Construction Sequences
CADS PWS allows the construction sequence of the wall to be quickly defined so that the factor of safety, bending moment, shear force and deflection envelopes for the entire sequence can be automatically generated and critical values transferred to the wall design module.
Tied Wall Design
The optional new tied wall analysis module can check tie capacities and spacings. The dead man anchors can comprise balanced sheet pile anchors, concrete blocks or beams restrained by raking piles. This versatile module allows a wide range of geometry including continuous or isolated anchors with raking ties. Tie spacings can be user defined as multiples of the pile centres taken from the section
sizes used in the main wall design.
Slip Circle Analysis
A slip circle module is available which automatically generates the data and carries out an analysis to determine the global stability of the wall.
Data Input and Editing
PWS 5 has an exciting new single screen interface to make navigation through the input process even simpler. Tabbed dialogs laid out in a logical and chronological order, provide an intuitive input experience.
The Cofferdam module allows the analysis, design and drawing of cofferdam frames which can be output to CAD software via DXF files. Users can configure the internal frame layout in terms of numbers of struts and length of bracing members.
Properties of either cohesive or cohesionless, drained or undrained soils can be user input or automatically created using the soil property generator and soils library. Soil strength is defined by Ka, Kac, Kp, Kpc and cohesion values, soil stiffness in terms of Young’s Modulus and Poisson’s ratio. It is also possible to include linear variation of cohesion and Young’s Modulus with depth. Soil pressure can be derived from BS8002 charts, Eurocode 7 numerical method, Ciria C517 (Rankine style pressure diagram for multiple propped walls) or user defined.
All input and output data can be configured by the user to allow the user to produce as much or as little printout as is required. Diagrams of wall cross sections and cofferdam plan views can be exported via dxf to any CAD program.
Products in this Category